Welcome to our college
Welcome to our college transition website. On this website you will find a variety of information about our college which will help you in the smooth transition from Year 6 to Year 7. Enjoy exploring the website and its links.
We are very proud of the high standard of education and extensive activities provided for all our pupils. You will have a great time at our college and you will leave at the end of Year 11 as a confident, articulate and well qualified young adult. Mr McCormack, Deputy Principal, and his team will ensure that your move to high school will be a happy experience.
I look forward to meeting you when you visit our college and a warm welcome awaits you.
Welcome to the Transition section of our college website. I do hope that you find its content both informative and useful in preparing your child for the vitally important progression from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3.Our aim is to make the transfer from primary to secondary school as smooth and seamless as possible whilst building upon and developing our excellent relationships with our feeder schools.
Our extensive Induction process is designed to meet the needs of both prospective pupils and parents and to ensure continuity and progression occur across the key stages.
We are very proud of our transition provision and our most recent Ofsted & Section 48 inspections made the following observations –
“There is outstanding provision for care, support and guidance that also enable students
to contribute in an excellent way to the college and the wider community.”
“There is a very strong sense of community within the college and relationships at all levels are excellent.”
For your information Miss Mason and Miss Ward will be visiting all primary schools to speak to Year 6 children and staff during the week commencing 5th June 2017. During these meetings all pupils will receive a letter inviting them to the New Intake Evening (27th June 2017 7p.m.) and the Induction Day (4th July 2017).If you have any comments or suggestions about this section of the college website please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Director of Studies for Year 7, Mrs Jones
If you have any questions about moving to Blessed Edward Oldcorne Catholic College please submit them here and a Mentoring and Befriending Transition Prefect will answer your query.
Click Here To Submit Questions
• Want to get ready for the start of Year 7? - Individual Subject Themes for September
• Transition Calendar 2016-2017
• Mentoring and Befriending Programme
• Transition Policy Statement
• Feeder Schools Website Links
• Transition Questionnaire Results
• Enrichment Activities
• Virtual Tour
• Transition Presentation Meet the Year 7 Tutor Team
Information for Parents
• Promotional Video
• Year 6 Taster Day Video
• Emily & Matt's First Day at College
• Senior Leadership Team Presentation for Primary Schools
• New College Uniform
• Find out more about diplomas,Young Apprenticeships and Foundation Learning
Catholic Feeder Schools Website Links
• St. George's Catholic Primary School (Worcester)
• St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School (Warndon)
• St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School (Droitwich)
• St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School (Malvern)
• Holy Redeemer Catholic Primary School (Pershore)
• Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School (Worcester)Click Here to View Our Transition Download section