Dear Parents and friends of our college,
In September 2023 our college will be 60 years old and we have a series of events planned for the coming 12 months. To start the celebration of our diamond anniversary year, two local parishioners with close links to the college have organised a walking pilgrimage around Worcester, in the footsteps of Blessed Edward Oldcorne. The walk will take place on Saturday 8th July starting at 8.50am at the Edgar Tower beside Worcester Cathedral. This is where Blessed Edward Oldcorne was held before his execution, on the 7th April 1606.
You are very welcome to join us on the walk during which we will be stopping at various points linked to Blessed Edward Oldcorne. At these stops there will be opportunities for both prayer and
reflection on the life of Blessed Edward and his legacy.
The route of the walk is as follows:
- 8.50 am walk begins at Edgar Tower Worcester Cathedral then on to…
- Blessed Edward Oldcorne Catholic College, Timberdine Avenue, then on to…
- the shrine at the top of Red Hill, just off London Road, which marks the place where Blessed Edward was martyred, then on to …
- Fort Royal Park where we will overlook the city and pray for Christian Unity and world peace, then on to…
- the culmination of the walk at St George’s Church in Sansome Place where Mass will be celebrated at 12.30 pm to honour Blessed Edward Oldcorne and to celebrate the work of the college over the last 60 years. Mass will be followed by refreshments in the Parish Hall.
The walk will be approximately 5 miles in length and we have selected a route which avoids busy roads and thoroughfares as much as possible. Our aim is to make this a family occasion and we would love you and your children to join us on the walk. Given the nature of the walk students can only join us if also accompanied and supervised by their parents or a guardian. Thank you for your
understanding with this.
If you would like to join us please email email@example.com stating the names of who will be accompanying you. Please feel free to share details of the walk with other people who you know have links to our college.