Blessed Edward School Bus Transport Service
Many students travel to school on foot, bicycle and in the car. Some of our students take the bus. Below is the relevant bus information. If anything is not clear, please contact us.
The Bus Company:
The buses that travel to and from our college are owned and run by the First Bus Company. They control the bus stops, bus fares and the timetables for these services. These are run purely as a commercial operation and as such are subject to change. Please note that these buses are not “closed services” which means that members of the public can also use them.
The following Buses which run direct to and from our college are:
|S1||Droitwich Spa (via Fernhill Heath and Blackpole)|
|S2||Droitwich Spa (via Fernhill Heath)|
|S3||Blackpole (via Warndon Villages)|
|S4||Fernhill Heath (via Warndon Villages)|
|S5||Pershore (via Drakes Broughton area)|
The following normal Bus routes that pass near Blessed Edward Oldcorne Catholic College area:
|27||Worcester – Battenhall Circular|
|32 / 32S||Bevere – Worcester – St Peters (going via Bath Road/Northwick Area)|
|43 / 43S / X43||Great Malvern – Worcester – County Hall|
|332 / 333 / 32||Upton-St Peters and Kempsey – Worcester|
|44 / X44||Great Malvern – County Hall|
First Bus Timetables, Ticket and Contact Details:
All timetable information, ticket detail and contact numbers are available on the First Bus Company Worcestershire website (see link below).
|First Bus Website Link:||www.firstbus.co.uk|
|First Bus Worcestershire Contact Details:||First Customer Services on 0345 646 0707 (8am-6pm Mon – Fri) |
The Worcester Hub directly on 01905 765765
Any queries or for lost property please use the Customer Service number or website.
First Bus Notification Regarding – Severn Passes
- STUDENTS USING SCHOOL BUS S1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 SEVERN PASSES ARE NOT VALID
For these services students need to purchase a weekly or daily ticket from the driver of the bus or a half termly pass direct from First Buses.
- STUDENTS WISHING TO USE A SEVERN PASS FROM DROITWICH
Need to use the 144 and then the 32S or 45 to complete their journeys.
- STUDENTS WISHING TO USE A SEVERN PASS TO TRAVEL FROM PARTS OF WORCESTER
Need to use normal service buses eg the 144 from Fernhill Heath, 35 from Blackpole or the 34 from Warndon Villages to complete their journeys.
- 32S SERVICE FROM BEVERE
Severn passes are valid on the 32S service from Bevere and students can continue to use them on there as they have been.
Code of Best Practice for School Bus Transport
- Be punctual;
- Ensure you always have your bus pass with you and keep it available for inspection;
- Queue away from the carriageway in a sensible manner;
- Do not push or rush towards the vehicle when it arrives as you may push someone into the path of the moving vehicle and the driver may be unable to stop in time;
- Find a seat quickly and quietly without pushing;
- Always remain seated when the vehicle is moving and wear seatbelts whenever they are fitted;
- Do not kneel on your seat as this is dangerous and accidents have resulted from it;
- Only speak to the driver when he or she is not driving or in an emergency and remember that excessive noise can disturb the driver and cause an accident;
- Wait until the vehicle has stopped before getting up to leave;
- Make sure your belongings do not obstruct the gangway or use up valuable seat space;
- Make sure you have your belongings with you when you leave the vehicle (but be prepared to leave your belongings behind in an emergency);
- If you have forgotten something, take care if you return to the vehicle as the driver may be pulling away; in that case wait until the next journey to retrieve your belongings, and tell your teacher what has happened;
- If you have to cross the road after getting off the bus always allow the bus to move off before attempting to cross and always use the Green Cross Code;
- The consumption of food and drink on the vehicle is not allowed;
- Do not drop litter;
- If the vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident follow any instructions given to you by the driver;
- If you are using public transport, have consideration for the other passengers;
- Always be courteous to any user of the bus service and behave sensibly and safely at all times.
Please note that the College has prefects on all these buses and any inappropriate behaviour will be reported to a member of staff.