Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that everyone had a peaceful break over Christmas and New Year. The first week back has been a really busy one for the Year 9 students: they were fully aware of it being assessment week and were aware of the revision topics on our website and their attitudes to the assessments have been very mature. Thank you for any support you have given with revision and in ensuring their uniform is well presented.
This next term will continue to be very busy for the Year 9 pupils with reports being sent home soon, online parent’s evening on 19th January (a message went out already about booking appointments) and Pathways evening on 2nd February. Parent’s evening will be online and appointments are issued on a first come first served basis, but if you are unable to get an appointment please feel free to email your child’s subject teacher if you have any concerns or questions. Thursday 2nd February is a date to put in your diary, it will be an important evening for all students as staff will be discussing the options process and both parents and students are welcome to come into school and have the opportunity to speak to staff about the subjects they are interested in and find out more information with regards to the course and exam process in that subject. Further information about times will be sent in due course, we look forward to seeing you there.
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind you that we would like to invite all students to Drayton Manor at the end of the year and we are hopeful we can take as many of the Year group as possible. The invitation can however be revoked if a student’s behaviour log is not good enough: students can be given behaviour points for a variety of reasons including lack of homework, poor uniform, poor punctuality or poor behaviour in class. I will keep parents fully informed if I think your child is in danger of having their invitation revoked.
Finally, if your child has lost an item please ask them to go to pupil reception where there are many items, particularly coats, that have been handed in. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either your child’s tutor or you can contact me on email@example.com.
Head of Year 9
Dates for this term:
- Wednesday 11th January- students finish at 1.25pm as staff have a Curriculum planning afternoon.
- Thursday 19th January- Year 9 Parent’s evening.
- Thursday 2nd February : Year 9 Pathways evening
- Wednesday 8th- Friday 10th February : Performing Arts College production
- Friday 17th February : students finish school for Half Term.
- Monday 27th February: return to school
- Tuesday 7th March: DTP Vaccinations
- Thursday 23rd March: students finish at 1.35pm as staff have a Curriculum Planning afternoon.
- Wednesday 29 & Thursday 30th March: Performing Arts Evening
- Friday 31st March: students finish for Easter at 12.30pm